3 Steps to a review
- Watch the entire pitch video. The review submission button is disabled until the end of the video, and you will not be able to move forward or backward in the video until you have watched it from beginning to end.
- After watching the video, rate the pitch for commercial viability [link] and pitch quality [link] on a five-star scale.
- Provide actionable feedback on how the buyer can improve their venture or value proposition. If you are interested in talking further about the opportunity presented in your pitch, you have the option to send the buyer a direct message through chat on our platform.
Engaging Further With An Opportunity
Use the chat functionality to continue engaging with a venture. This does not expose your direct contact information. Chat is a good place to ask follow-up questions before deciding whether you want to stay in contact. You may decide at any time that you are no longer interested in keeping this communication channel open. If you do so, we ask you to explain why and give feedback to the Buyer.
We encourage you to engage further with ventures off the platform by providing your email, phone number, or other contact information via chat.
If you choose to engage in any sort of financial transaction with a venture, please make sure to do appropriate due diligence and note that Vintro does not support direct financial transactions on the platform. For more information, click here.
Saying No To An Opportunity:
Vintro pitch videos will end with an ask.
If you say no to the ask, please give a reason and at least one piece of actionable feedback on how the venture can improve their product, company, or pitch. If something in the pitch was unclear, let them know what it is.
Sometimes an opportunity may not be right for you, but you know someone else who would be a good fit. We always encourage you to make these specific suggestions and recommendations in your feedback.
Feedback Should Be Focused on Improvement:
- Good: “I have concerns about XYZ part of your strategy for ABC reasons.”
- Bad: “Your strategy is not good.”
- Good: “I’m having trouble understanding XYZ part of your product because ABC aspect is unclear to me.”
- Bad: “Your product doesn’t make any sense.”
Be Specific and Actionable In Your Feedback:
Actionable feedback will give them a clear picture of how to improve.
- Good: “I’m not the right audience to evaluate this. I think you should focus more on people with a background in XYZ. Here are some names of people who might be more likely to engage with you.”
- Bad: "This seems really cool. Best of luck on your venture!"
- Good: “As an investor, XYZ part of your pitch raised red flags for me and I am therefore not interested. ABC might be a better way to pitch XYZ, or you may need to reevaluate the strategy around it.”
- Bad: “I am not interested in this opportunity at this time. Have a nice day!”